Hello Rex,

As I stated previously, turn-by-turn only works with iPhone 4 S and 5.

OK, assuming that you have one of these models, you may do the following in
order to get directions to a location.

Please keep in mind that this is the method I use, so far; there may be a
more efficient way.

1.
Launch the Maps App.

2.
Near the top of the screen, there is a search field.  Enter an address.  For
example, 4141 Ball Road Cypress, California.  It does not appear necessary
to enter delimiters such as commas. Also, although I have not yet done so,
you may be able to use the dictation feature to enter the address or even
get Siri to do the entire thing for you.

3.
Once the address is located, you will have several options on the screen
including the option to bookmark the address you just entered.

4.
Above the search field, which is now populated with the address you just
entered, you will discover a Directions button.  Double-Tap, the Directions
Button.  A Route Dialog Box opens.

5.
At the top of this Dialog Box are several options including the ability to
create either a driving or walking route.  Make your selection.

6.
Located below these options in the same Dialog Box you will discover both
the From and To fields by which you may set the beginning and end point of
your route.  After confirming this information, you will be returned to the
map view but with several different options.

7.
Assuming that you like the current route being shown simply Double-Tap the
Start button located near the top of the screen.

Mark