From: Richard Turner
Sent: Monday, January 09, 2017 3:59 PM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: fixing the way Siri says someones name

This is what I found on the web:

How to Get Siri to Say Your Name Correctly
By Sarah Kingsbury updated on 07/07/2016

Siri isn’t always so great at pronouncing names correctly. The AI is great for
calling or sending messages, but it’s incredibly frustrating when you tell Siri
to call Jaqueline and the AI searches the web for Violins. Luckily, you can
teach Siri to pronounces your name or any name. Part of the personal
assistant's capabilities is being able to learn. Whether it’s your name or a
friends, you can correct Siri’s pronunciation in a few short steps. Here’s how
to get Siri to say your name correctly.

To teach Siri how to say a name correctly,

hold the home button to activate Siri and then say, "That's not how

Siri will then ask you how to pronounce the contact's first name. Say the name
correctly.

Siri will offer you two or three pronunciation options to choose from. Select
the one that is the correct pronunciation.

If none of the options are close enough, tap Tell Siri Again to repeat the
process until you get a pronunciation you like.

Siri will then repeat the process for the contact's last name as well. Having
corrected Siri’s pronunciation, the AI should be able to say your name, or a
friend's name, correctly now.

"A guy walks into a bar and says 'ouch!'"
(Sent from my iPod 6)
“By doing what you love, you inspire and awaken the hearts of others."
- Satsuki Shibuya