What do you mean by a soft keypad? Also, doesn't the repeating of the options
distract you from hearing the numbers?
Thanks.

-----Original Message-----
From: viphone@googlegroups.com [mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of
M. Taylor
Sent: Thursday, August 10, 2017 9:27 PM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: RE: choosing an option when receiving a call

Hello John,

I believe you are referring to a phone tree.

I receive such calls often, on my iPhone 6 Plus; for example to confirm
upcoming doctor appointments.  To date, I can easily hear the numbers on the
iPhone soft keypad, before selecting an option.   When moving my finger around
the keypad, I hear VoiceOver say the digit, currently in focus.

The only challenge I have, sometimes, is when I take such a call with a
headset.  This is because the screen will lock while I’m waiting for the
appropriate prompt to be offered.  My workaround is to frequently touch a
corner of the display in order to keep it awake.

Mark