The reason for having a list like this is to get help from others.  Maybe these
lists are for more technical people but in my opinion they are alsofor those of
us who aren't good with technology and one should never tell someone to
download the app and try it yourself.

From: viphone@googlegroups.com [mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of
Christopher Chaltain
Sent: Saturday, August 12, 2017 11:49 AM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com; eden...@comcast.net
Subject: Re: Is an app called Glip accessible

Downloading a free app yourself and giving it a try is a good way to find out
if something is going to meet your needs or not. Asking about an ap on list is
also perfectly OK. One thing you could have done, although it shouldn't be
necessary, is mention that you'd downloaded it already but had to wait for the
log on to be provided first. Like I said, you don't have to mention this at
all, but I've found the more information like this that you provide when you
ask a question the higher quality answer you'll get.

IMHO, if all someone is going to say is download it and try it yourself then
they could just save themselves the trouble and the unnecessary list traffic by
hitting the delete key instead.

I don't think it's true that the company doesn't have to worry about
accessibility just because you're a contractor. I mean, if a contractor can't
do the job then an employee couldn't either.

Finally, I think this list has like 1500 members on it, so I wouldn't let one
person's rudeness keep you from taking advantage of what the other 1499 members
can offer. Using the delete key when you see messages from certain users or
setting up a rule with your email client or provider can go a long way towards
improving you're on line experience.