For those who were wondering if Face ID would work with
sunglasses there is an article from MacDaily news out saying Face ID works with
most sunglasses.

                Maria Reyes Owner of the following groups- Apple 411:
apple411+subscribe@groups.ioiMessage/FaceTime: the.big.apple.n...@gmail.com

On Thu, Sep 14, 2017 at 11:45 AM -0400, "Alan Paganelli"
<alanandsuza...@earthlink.net> wrote:

 I have the iPhone seven with the largest capacity available. I think I'll wait
for several years before I go for a new phone.

Alan
Sent from my iPhone 5s
On Sep 13, 2017, at 8:55 AM, Sieghard Weitzel <siegh...@live.ca> wrote:

Sounds like somebody who wants to be heard, from all I have seen so far Apple
has really nailed this and I assume it will be much more intuitive and easy to
use as this person makes it out to be. As he said, he hasn’t
 tried it yet and therefore it’s all just speculation. Apparently what Samsung
has done so far is a bit of a joke since it’s possible to fool their phones to
unlock when you show them a picture of a person.

Apple said during their keynote that with Touch Id there was a 1 in 50,000
chance somebody else could  unlock yourphone with their finger print, with Face
Id they say the chance somebody elses face will unlock your phone
 is 1 in a Million unless it’s an identical twin.

Where I do see it as more cumbersome is for blind people, I have a Roots
leather belt holster which when the phone is in it upside down as it has to be
because the headphone jack is on the bottom there is just a 1 inch
 wide strap with magnetic closure over the phone and if you lift this up about
the third bottom part of the screen is exposed. This means I can unlock my 6S
Plus with Touch Id while I have it in my belt holster and I can open an app in
the dock or on the bottom
 two rows of the home screen and so on. Also, sometimes in the winter I might
unlock my phone in the pocket of my coat for some easy operations and this of
course won’t be possible any more unless I enter my passcode which is a lot
more difficult to do with
 one hand when I am walking and have the phone in my pocket.

OK so I guess it’s all a mute point for me personally since I am not planning
to buy an iPhone X nor for that matter an iPhone 8 or 8 Plus, just had too many
other large expenses this year like getting the roof on my
 house done, we bought a new sofa/love seat/recliner chair set for our living
room and a few new expensive woodworking tools somehow ended up in my shop,
too. If I were still on an iPhone 6 or even a 5S it would be different, but my
wife has a 6S and I have
 the 6S Plus, both phones are in great shape and work flawlessly, battery is
still good and so we’ll wait until next fall to upgrade. I would be surprised
if Apple wouldn’t push Face Id and make it a feature on all of their phones and
maybe even iPads next
 year although now that they have the “normal” 8 and 8 Plus and the iPhone X I
would also be surprised if they don’t continue with this trend and make a
premium phone in addition to 2 or 3 regular ones similar to how they have the
iPad Pro. OLED screens of
 course probably also become standard so it will be interesting to see what
they come up with to set a high-end phone apart from the rest so that people
are willing to spend an extra couple of hundred Dollars on it, maybe I’m wrong
and next year all phnes will
 get Face Id, OLED screen and everything else which sets the iPhone X apart
this year.