I upgraded to iOS11 last night and certainly shouldn't have done so. I felt too tired and weary to battle with iTunes (my dreaded hate) so decided to do without since I've never been locked out with the over the air download.

It went well and I was back in successfully, having got rather bogged down with all the prelimnaries and did in fact set up the UK Siri female voice which was working OK for the short time I used it.

I decided to have another go at the Touch ID as I was setting up but still didn't get more than a couple of prints accepted. (I never can!) I gave it up and, very soon after this, came the problem!

I lost all speech (as I have several times lately) and *before* moving to iOS11! I have always eventually got in after these occasions, but sometimes it's taxed me when it comes to get VO to be turned on/off in appropriate places and correctly and the odd wrestle with volumes also! I have not been in a position to take my phone into the store and of course couldn't choose to stop using it ...

I tried recovery mode eventually without success and so I moved to the other computer in the house, installed iTunes and tried again! (Silly girl!)

This time my (still dead) iPhone 6 did sort of work in that it offered to download my music from the phone to the new iTunes on the second computer! Great! I thought that at least I'd have something I could use to salvich some of the messs!

However, I still couldn't get any speech and, because I know I have to just wait Apple's help to do anything further, I thought at the very least I'd best check up just how many folk have wrestled with intermittent and ever increasing voice loss even before iOS11?

In fact, it's probably best if you have that you go directly to Apple to alert them, as I shall do just as soon as I have enough things sorted to be able to do that!

Before you all offer suggestions as to how I might manage to get back in, let me just say that I am pretty sure I have exhausted everyone for one reason or another. In fact, I could well have made more progress if the 4S had a sim installed so I could make calls, retrieve forgotten information etc, but I'm not any good at changing sims so this must wait at least until tomorrow and, again, my only reason for writing this was not to expect anyone to be trying to find things I haven't done (or can't anyway) but to suggest that all those who have experienced anything like a part of this problem with VO dying should just let Apple know about it before you crash also!

I am beginning to think that some of this iPhone stuff is just getting too complicated for me now! Problem is, I can't do without it! <Smile> Thanks to those who have read to the end!

--

Carol P