From: viphone@googlegroups.com [mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of
Sieghard Weitzel
Sent: Monday, September 25, 2017 5:29 PM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: RE: ... DIFFICULTIES WITH INCREASING LACK OF SPEECH FROM PHONE
RESULTING IN TOTAL FAILURE OF 6SE

Hi Carol,

I know this may not be of much help, but for whatever it is worth I have
absolutely no issues with Voiceover disappearing on my 6S Plus, it wasn't a
concern in iOS 10 and it is not a concern in iOS 11. OK, after the update
Voiceover was gone once, but it was simply a volume issue and pressing the
volume up button 5 or 6 times brought the volume level back up and it hasn't
happened since.
It really does seem like people who set a SIRI voice as their default voice
have problems with this, I suggest you set another voice as your default and if
you want to use SIRI, add that as a rotor language. You can then switch to it
by turning your rotor to Languages and flick up or down.
I have done this with the new american femal SIRI voice because she does sound
veryt nice although she is too slow for me for every-day use. But I do like her
for reading maybe news articles and so on and once I select her she stays
selected until I go back to my default. She even stays selected if you turn
Voiceover off and back on, I assume completely rebooting the phone may reset
the voice to your default, but I only reboot my phone maybe once a month so
that wouldn't bother me too much.
I assume you tried this, but have you plugged I n the Earpods or another wired
headset to see if there is sound?