Many thanks for the replies and pointing out that the punctuation setting
affects the pronunciation. I guess my punctuation got inadvertently set to all
although I'm still puzzled why this would affect the pronunciation of a
hyphenated word. Live and learn and I'm glad to get it set and pronouncing
correctly again.

Alan

Sent from my iPhone