From: viphone@googlegroups.com [mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com] On Behalf
Of Keith Watson
Sent: Sunday, September 23, 2012 6:51 AM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: Verizon iPhone 5

Hi,

Apparently this is the case. Verizon is shipping it already unlocked and you
can use it on AT&T's and T-Mobile networks. Here's the caveat though. When
you use it on the US carriers GSM networks you will only get HTSPA speeds.
No LTE. So buyer be ware.

Keith

On Sep 23, 2012, at 9:45 AM, Kevin Barry <krba...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Are you sure it is not the way Verizon does this for the 4s?
> That is, you can get it unlocked for free but only for   international
use.
> I've used my Verizon 4s quite well in Asia with a local sim card.
> When you do that I always see in the notification center that location
services is on.
> I presume this is to allow the phone to verify it is out of the U.S.
>
> At 09:31 AM 9/23/2012, you wrote:
>> For those of us who purchased or plan to purchase, the  verizon iPhone 5,
may be happy to know that the phone comes unlocked and can be used on any
GSM network. Several sources are reporting such as the New York Times, CNET,
etc. I also confirmed this from verizon customer service. Whether this was
by designed or not, I don't know.  But this is a welcomed surprise. I'm
happy to know that I can use my phone on other networks if need be.