Well, before I got the Echo I was just using the calendar local to my
iPhone. But when I started playing with Alexa I found that iCloud
calendar worked well since I could have my events proliferated across
my devices. So not only do my events show on my iPhone and my Echo,
but I also see them on my iPad which I never could before.

There are other choices for calendar linking in the Alexa app. iCloud
is just the one that seems to work the best for me.

Kimberly