Arlene,
Our T-Mobile service was pretty good up until about a year ago. At
that point, even though I live and work in a city and populated area,
call quality and data service went way down. If my wife called me or I
called her, then one person could not hear the other. This was the
case whether I called her from work or when at home. T-Mobile may have
good coverage in some areas, but compare it to a larger carrier like
AT&T and there's no contest. AT&T blankets the area I am in, and much
of the area across the state of Texas, and much of the rest of the US,
so it was an easy decision. I had been with AT&T for a long time but
thought I'd switch to T-Mobile for something different. I learned my
lesson and am paying reasonable rates with AT&T.

Wayne