Very well said. Do you have any idea how many people are currently using Aira?

Thanks

Lynda

From: viphone@googlegroups.com [mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of
Chris Chaffin
Sent: Friday, May 04, 2018 11:11 AM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: Glasses

Yes, there are apps out there that can help us in some ways like Aira, but
honestly, not in every way.  I will agree that the cost is kind of high, but
most of that cost is to help pay the agents.

My sighted wife looked into possibly becoming an agent, and each agent is
required to go through extensive training, including not only going through
simulated situations, but also to wear the glasses themselves to see what it is
like to be the customer.  So the agents are not just volunteers, but actually
trained professionals that are paid an hourly rate and that are waiting for our
call to help us with our situation.

So even though Be My Eyes is a great app, and I use it on occasion, it is no
comparison to Aira.

According to an interview with Greg Stilson from Aira, the new design with the
Samsung phone is meant to work separately without using your iPhone.  There are
many reasons for the new design, but one reason is so someone that does not
have an iphone can also use Aira.  Built into the new design with the Samsung
phone is there own A I assistant Chloe, which is going to be able to do some
small task without even having to call an agent.

Aira's user base continues to grow, but nevertheless, whether or not someone
signs up for Aira, not only depends on finances, but also their individual
needs.

I think we should just be proud that we have all of the options that we do to
help us through our everyday task.

Chris