  From: Sieghard Weitzel
  To: viphone@googlegroups.com
  Sent: Monday, September 24, 2012 10:14 PM
  Subject: I found a new missing item in iOS 6 *sniff*

  Hello,

  Interesting nobody noticed this before and brought it up. I often used to
double press the home key when my phone was locked and I was playing an audio
book. This always brought up the playback controls like Previous, Play/Pause,
next as well as volume and Airplay. I always found this an easy and quick
method to Pause an audio book or Podcast if somebody came to the door or when I
just wanted to stop it for another reason as I didn't have to unlock my phone.

  Tonight a friend came to the door and I did what I usually do and was
surprised to notice  that a double press of the home button when the phone is
locked now does exactly the same as a single press and that is it shows the
unlock control, it shows what's currently playing and it has, of course, the
Camera button. No more playback controls.

  I use an iPhone 4S with iOS 6 and it would be good to know if this is a
universal change or bug or if for some people who use an iPhone 4 or who
already received their 5 this still works. I really don't know why Apple would
get rid of this as it was such a convenient way to get quick access to playback
controls, volume and Airplay.