Kelby, it sounds like you and I are facing some of the same issues. :) I'm
going to update to the latest version of iOS and iTunes (if iTunes will
cooperate with me, that is--I may have to download the latest version manually)
and try doing the file sharing to back up my VDR library once everything is
completely up-to-date. Maybe that'll help. I'm skeptical, but you never know.

Thanks,
Ari