From: "Yuma Decaux" <jamy...@gmail.com>
To: <macvisionar...@googlegroups.com>
Cc: <viphone@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Sunday, August 12, 2018 8:15 PM
Subject: Introducing Astreos: universal access to the cosmos

Hi Everyone,

A quick introduction of myself.

I am a blind software engineer, studying mahematics at UQ in Brisbane,
Australia.

I am also a passionate sci-fi, space, physics and astronomy fan. I am not
partially sighted, I am stone cold blind. But I wasn't
always like that. I still remember summer nights when the sky was clear enough
to see the Milky Way, the planets through the lens of
a telescope, and the first images of constellations with their beautiful
nebulas came out.

So I decided to write an app that allows me, blind, to find the exact position
of all these objects in the sky using 2 sensory
dimensions, with an attention to those who are partially sighted too, wherever
I am located on earth. if I look for the sun, the
phone will orient me to its exact location.

Astreos is the concatenation of Astrius, god of dusk, and Eos, goddess of dawn.

As the app is a complete 6 degree of freedom experience to find planets, moons,
manmade satellites and fragments, comets, asteroids,
near earth objects, constellations, major stars and find information about them
all, I thought it appropriate to put both gods of
the sky in the same name.

This app uses connections to NASA's APIs, including the Horizons system which
follows in mission critical precision all objects
within the confines of the solar system, and updates itself automatically for
the more than 118000 stars which are visible to the
naked eye, 220000 other objects, including far away galaxies, their names,
categories, how they look, what chemical elements or
spectrum they have, super novas, and much more, through the largest
astronomical database, the Vizier catalogue.

The app is still in beta and I and my team are working hard to put more and
more content to the app, but more importantly, finding
new ways to allow those of us who are blind to access such information, and
really have a sense of where all of this is in the sky.

My personal experience for this has been to better understand where a lot of
stars remain almost static, how some constellations are
named and why, when they apear in the sky at what time, using my exact
location. I spend a lot of time reflecting on how to make
this magic better using either visual, sound, touch or voice.

You can listen to the frequencies coming out of every planet, and get a 3D
audio experience of major stars in the 89 constellations
interpreted as chimes, with higher pitches representing newborn stars, and
clangy metallic chimes those older stars which are
cooling down. Novas are thunder rolls coursing through the 3D space, and i am
thinking of other ways to represent those stars and
their properties.

The official video will be coming out soon, but here's a quick demo audio of me
playing around with it:

> https://www.dropbox.com/s/yj184tgvzr481p8/Input%20Device%20Recording%2020180812%200638.mp3?dl=0
>
> <https://www.dropbox.com/s/yj184tgvzr481p8/Input%20Device%20Recording%2020180812%200638.mp3?dl=0>

If you are interested in testing the beta, I invite you to leave me your email
at the following link: (don't expect it to be
completely stable yet but it works fine on devices such as iPads and iPhones
down to the 6 without issues).

https://www.oseyeris.com/contacts <https://www.oseyeris.com/contacts>

Since this is a beta, I am interested in getting your feedback, ideas and
requests, and I will do my best to put them in the app.

have a great week y'all,

Yuma Antoine Decaux
OSS (Operating System Stack)
Oseyeris
www.oseyeris.com <http://www.oseyeris.com/>
Skype: Shainobi1
twitter: @triple7
linkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/yuma-decaux-2756284/

feel that a member's post is inappropriate, please
contact the owners or moderators directly rather than posting on the list
itself.

reach Cara at caraqu...@caraquinn.com