admittedly, I am using an 8 plus here but in the past I have always done OTA updates without problems.
Ray T. Mahorney
DE WA4WGA

-----Original Message----- From: M. Taylor
Sent: Tuesday, September 18, 2018 14:16
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: RE: iOS Update Advice needed

Hello Lisa,

I'm not exactly certain if I understand every aspect of your question but my general sense is that you should probably do an over-the-air update. To me, generally speaking, it seems to be the least disruptive method.

As to the remainder of your question, unless you have a specific reason to use iTunes for business, I would recommend the latest standard version of iTunes for your Windows 10 PC. Again, this is generally speaking.

Should you decide, however, to install iTunes for business on your Windows 10 PC, then you will first need to uninstall any previous version of iTunes that has a version number greater than 12.6.5.3.

If you are uncertain or are not versed in the mechanics of the iTunes storage file system, then I highly recommend against installing iTunes for business unless you are certain that no other version of iTunes has already been installed on your Windows 10 PC.

Regardless of your choice, be certain to make an iCloud backup of your iOS 10.x phone before you begin any update process.

Good Luck,

Mark