From: viphone@googlegroups.com <viphone@googlegroups.com> On Behalf Of Cris Ali
Sent: Saturday, September 22, 2018 9:00 AM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: How to return to the home screen on iPhone XS?

Hello folks,
Yesterday I had the chance to drop by the Apple Store and play a little with
the new iPhones, XS and max.  I thought I would find it easy to use, since many
of you spoke about the replacement gestures to the home key.  I assumed that a
slow slide up until I hear the first tone would take me to the home screen, and
if I continued the slide up until I hear the second tone it would take me to
the app switcher.
Unfortunately, when I did my slow slide up I did not hear any tones to know
when to lift my finger to go to the home screen, or how to go to the app
switcher.  Either the store was too noisy and I missed hearing the tones, or
the tones were turned off.  One of the store employees told me that I should
feel a vibration when I slide up to the point of lifting my finger, but I felt
no vibration either.  What is going on?  Where did I go wrong?  I admit that it
was a very discouraging experience for me.

What do you suggest?

Cheers,

Cris

To post to this group, send email to