Hello Everyone,

Let me just say that the following is just my opinion and it is not intended
to persuade or dissuade anyone of anything.

Yesterday, I went to a remote Best Buy retail store where, as I expected,
there were almost no customers.

The Apple section was completely deserted except for one very enthusiastic
Apple representative.

Although I had not fully recognized it myself, some part of me really wanted
to be wowed by the 10 S Max in terms of its 6.5 inch display size.  As you
may recall, I have often stated that I am not ready for Face ID yet, I
discovered that I was somewhat open to purchasing a 10 S Max if it could wow
me, enough.

Five years or so ago, I had a friend who owned one of the first modern
phablets, the Samsun Mega.  I believe the screen size was 6.3 inches.  Its
physical size was so large that every time I used it, I felt as though I was
a little kid playing with a grown-up's device.  I just couldn't stop
grinning, every time I held it in my hand.

It was huge!!!!  Yet, despite its size, I really, really liked it.  It felt,
just as the term phablet implies, like a cross between a phone and a tablet
computer.

Believe it or not, I found myself finding ways to spend more time with my
friend just so I could play with that Samsung Mega.  (smile)

I almost bought one for myself but, at that time, I just didn't like Android
enough to make the investment.  Soon after, Samsung stopped making the Mega.

So, yesterday, as I entered the Apple section of the store, I suppose, on
some subconscious level, I was hoping to see that same huge form-factor on
the 10 S Max.  It didn't happen.  In fact, believe it or not, the actual
body, or form-factor of the 10 S Max is almost identical to my 8 Plus.

I was so disappointed.  I was so disappointed, in fact, that the Apple sales
rep thought that I had taken ill and asked if I needed medical attention.

Now I know that Apple made it clear as to the physical dimensions of the 10
S Max but, somehow, some way, I thought the form-factor would be larger,
much larger than my beloved 8 Plus.  In fact, I suppose, I was counting on
it.

The sales rep, a very nice young man, began his spiel about how much better
the display is and how much faster the 10 S Max is, and blah, blah, blah!.

All I know is that, when I closed my eyes, I couldn't tell the 10 S Max from
my beloved 8 Plus.

As for the Apple watch?  Same scenario.  If there is any major size
difference, I couldn't detect it to the point where I wanted to buy a new
watch.

Now I realize that Apple is simply increasing the size of its displays
without increasing the physical form-factors but, for me, this is kind of a
let-down.  I'm not exactly sure why this is so; perhaps, for me at least,
it's the marvelous memory of that Samsung Mega that, for better or worse,
set a form-factor size standard to which, one day, I hope to return.

Mark