I tend to agree with you, but it isn't true that how someone else sets up their phone doesn't affect you. Having insecure devices on the internet and networks negatively impacts all of us.

Also, how Apple chooses to remind people to make their devices more secure has nothing to do with whether you live in a democracy or a dictatorship.

On 09/24/2018 06:22 AM, Dave wrote:

In your opinion.

It's up to the individual, how they, choose to use their own property.

Not you or Apple.

It doesn't affect you, how a person decides, to set up their phone.

I live in a Democracy, and not a Dictatorship!

Dave.

-----Original Message----- From: Øyvind Lode
Sent: Monday, September 24, 2018 11:11 AM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: Two factor authentication message

Everyone should have two factor authentication enabled.
I have two factor authentication enabled for my Apple ID and Google
account and it greatly improves security.
So, I understand why Apple continues to nag about enabelling two
factor authentication <grin>
It's actually a very good idea to use that extra layer of security for
your Apple ID and other accounts.