To: <viphone@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Thursday, September 27, 2012 3:07 PM
Subject: RE: Sending messages with Siri I'm having a problem

Hello Iona,

Yes, I know exactly what you are talking about. I discovered it a couple of
days ago.

To those of you who may not know, When using Siri to send a text message,
the screen locks before completing the process. It does not matter how long
the auto-lock is set.

NOTE 1:
If the message is short enough, only one word, for instance, Siri may
successfully send the text message.  It may also work the first time you
attempt to send a message after powering on the device. However, subsequent
attempts with messages containing more than 5 words or so, will time out
before the message can be sent.

To create the bug, do the following:

NOTE 2:
I use the center button on the included iPHone wired headset to interact
with Siri.

1.
Launch Siri and say something like, "Send a message to Mark Taylor."  Siri
will reply with something like, "You said, send a message to Mark Taylor.
OK. I can send a message to Mark Taylor for you. What would you like it to
say?"  At this point, a text message dialog box is displayed and Siri will
say something like, "To, Mark Taylor."

2.
Initiate the Siri command and say something like, "Hi Mark.  How is your
day?  I hope you are well."  Siri will respond with something like, "You
said, Hi Mark.  How is your day?  I hope you are well.  I updated your
message.  Ready to send it?  Reply with cancel or send."

NOTE 3:
For me more often than not, the screen locks at this point, before I can
send the message.  I have also experienced the scenario when, after
initiating Siri and saying, "Send," Siri will respond with something like,
"You said Send.  Okay, I will send it for you," only to lock the screen,
losing the message before it can be sent.

I strongly encourage those of you who have or can reproduce this bug to
either send a message to Apple at accessibil...@apple.com or call their
accessibility hotline at: 877-204-3930.

Please feel free to use any part of this post.

Mark