Well, another shipt user. We've not found many blind folks using them but we
love the service a lot. We find both the IOS app and the pc interface through
Chrome very accessible.

-----Original Message-----
From: viphone@googlegroups.com <viphone@googlegroups.com> On Behalf Of Paul and
Paula Jordan
Sent: Saturday, May 25, 2019 12:49 PM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: RE: Theme Question: In What Ways Have Apple Products, or Their Related
Third-Party Apps, Increased Your Level of Personal Independence?

I was the one who swore I didn't want an IPhone no matter what. That was when
the 4S had just come out.  I have had a 7 for the last 2-1/2 years so that in
itself says something. Hard to narrow down to 5 things even with some honorable
mentions, but I'll give it a try. In no particular order:

1.  the ability to do some things that would otherwise require sighted help:
BE MY EYES,  and VOICE DREAM SCANNER to name just two.
2.  The ability to send text messages to keep in touch with others when I'm not
sure they are able to take a phone call, or when I just want to leave a brief
message.
3.  Ability to schedule appointments on a calendar immediately.
4.  Keeping track of where I am either walking or riding a bus or paratransit:
BLIND SQUARE OR NEARBY EXPLORER.
5. Playing games on my phone just for fun.

Honorable mentions:  1. Shopping with the SHIPT app and perusing websites like
Chewy at my leisure.
2.  Watching TV using the spectrum app even when I don't have a TV right where
I am whether outside or in a different room from the set.
3.  Quickly finding business phone numbers or addresses.
4.  Using UBER instead of a taxi since they are quicker, I can contact the
driver directly whether than a dispatcher,  and they are often cheaper.
God bless!

I'm sure there are more, but that's a good start. Paula and Garçon