Raul and List,

I'd like to add a couple of points to this discussion. Firstly, it's
important to understand that 1Password encrypts your data similarly to
other apps such as TrueCrypt. Even if a thief got their hands on your
1Password vault, it could take years to attack your password (assuming
you're using a strong password to protect your 1Password data). It is
not as though passwords are stored in any way that could permit
Dropbox employees or hackers to read the data. Of course Dropbox
suffers from security breaches, but the 1Password vault shouldn't be a
strong target because again, it's encrypted. Note: this is very
similar to how apps such as LastPass store your data in the cloud. I
don't think 1Password should be any less secure than LastPass or
RoboForm; on the contrary, I'd argue that it's more secure. You
control the encryption of your 1Password data at your end. With those
other services, you're leaving the control up to them. (And yes, I
would trust them. But if you're really really concerned about
security, then you should consider this.)

Secondly, if you're going to rely on a password manager, at least in
my view, you have to have a backup in the cloud. If your equipment
gets lost or stolen, then you'll have a very difficult, if not
impossible, time gaining access to all your accounts again without
some kind of backup that you can easily access.

Thirdly, it is not as though Dropbox saves your data forever. They
store deleted files and previous versions of files for 30 days, and
then they're gone. If you pay for Packrat Unlimited, an add-on
available to Dropbox Pro users, then unlimited versions and deleted
file history is stored. But in either case, if you really wanted you
could login to the Dropbox web interface and instruct that Dropbox
should permanently delete specific files or folders.

Of course, I'm sure Dropbox keeps backups of user data that would
remain a little while after that, but this is pretty normal. Just
about every online service does this. And again, I wouldn't worry too
much about 1Password being a target, unless a backdoor is found in the
way they encrypt and store your data.

Grant