The thing you really want to be aware of is that the speaker quality on the
iPod Touch 3rd or 4th generation is not very good.

the touch has the HQ voice. But if you plan to listen through the speaker, it
isn't very good.
The iPad 3 has the HQ voice and sounds really good.
HTH,
Richard

"Reality is the leading cause of stress for those who are in touch with it." —
Jane Wagner
(Sent from an iPhone 4s)