Yes, it is absolutely possible. Prior to my retirement, I taught braille to many clients who were seniors. Also, hadley institute for blind and visually impaired offers free correspondence courses to help u learn braille. Good luck and if I can be of any more help, yell.

-----Original Message----- From: karuna Chopra
Sent: Saturday, June 29, 2019 1:13 AM
To: ViPhone
Subject: Braille for seniors?!

Is it possible for someone over the age of 65 to learn braille?
Exploring the accessibility features of my new iPhone, I chanced upon the Braille entry option on the rotor. I tried using it and was amazed at how quickly I could start typing in Braille! It was also fun and fast!
Therefore my question-can someone over the age of 65 learn to read Braille?
I know that with practice I could learn to type in Braille.
But reading braille?? Learning to interpret those raised dots into alphabets at a reasonably fast speed! Is it possible for me?
If yes, how should I go about doing it?
Should I be buying a refreshable Braille display?
Help, guidance or any indication about this would be wonderful!

P.S. I am actually many years over 65! But ladies are not supposed to give their age :-)

--- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "VIPhone" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to viphone+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com. To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/viphone/F49EFEF2-C769-4D7B-BF5B-F44C45EAB52C%40chopra.us.