Hi,

I thought it would be OK to post a brief review here on the Logitech G613 
wireless mechanical gaming keyboard since just as myself I assume others also 
are always looking for the "perfect" keyboard.
This Logitech G613 "Lightspeed" wireless mechanical gaming keyboard can connect 
to iOS via Bluetooth and to a PC using the supplied USB receiver which then 
let's you take advantage of the "Lightspeed" 1 millisecond delay which is 
pretty impressive (if you connect to a PC with Bluetooth this does not apply 
and while it's probably still just as good as any other Bluetooth keyboard, it 
sort of makes sense to make the most of this keyboard's features).
I still use my trusty Logitech K780 at home where I have it connected to my 
laptop via Bluetooth as well as to my iPhone and Apple TV, but I bought the 
G613 for my main PC at work and I must say so far it's getting pretty close to 
that perfect score.
Unlike most wired mechanical gaming keyboards this does not have all the fancy 
RGB lighting options which of course is fine for me. The one thing I am not 
super fond of are the 6 F1 through fF6 function keys in a vertical column down 
the left side of the keyboard with maybe half an inch of space between them and 
the left most keys like Control, Shift, Caps Lock, Tab, ` and Escape. But I 
also bought a wired Logitech mechanical keyboard and it also has them, most 
mechanical keyboards are designed for gamers rather than people who want a 
mechanical keyboard for typing. It takes a bit of getting used to not 
accidently pressing them. gamers can configure these keys as macro keys to 
perform whatever actions gamers want.
Apart from that the keyboard has a very traditional layout with nice spaces 
between the blocks of function keys, the inverted cursor T, the 6-pack with 
Insert/Delete, Page Up/Down and Home/End, of course the number pad and above 
that it has 4 more slightly lower media keys for Play/Pause, Stop, Rewind and 
Forward.
At the very top is a slider switch which locks the Windows key which apparently 
gamers like so they don't accidently press it and Cortana/the search box pops 
up, then there are two buttons which switch between the USB Lightspeed 
connection and the Bluetooth connection and once the Bluetooth connection to 
the iPhone has been established all it takes is to press the Bluetooth button 
in order to switch to the phone and the USB button to switch back.
On the very top right is a large key which is a volume rocker, press the left 
side for down and the right side for up and beside that is a Mute button. 
Finally on the right side towards the back is a on/off slider switch.
The keyboard runs on 2 AA batteries and is supposed to give you 18 month of 
battery life.
There is a proper application key on the right side of the spacebar which 
works, but there is no Windows key on the right side which is something you 
don't hardly see any more.

Logitech uses their own Romer-G switches and not Cherry MXswitches. The Romer-G 
are most like Cherry Brown, a nice distance of travel, but not hard to press 
and relatively quiet for mechanical keys.
They do take a bit of getting used to, but I quite like them. For those who 
want to read more about them, below is a link to a review from Tom's Hardware:

Logitech's Romer-G Switches - Are they any 
good?<https://www.tomshardware.com/news/logitech-g910-orion-spark-romer-g,28101.html>

The other nice thing about this keyboard is it's relatively reasonable price, I 
paid $129.99 Canadian for it, believe I read that on a good deal you can pick 
it up in the US for as low as $70 US.
Wireless mechanical keyboards are not out there too much yet, I did find a 
couple more made by the company "Das Keyboard" but they are more expensive 
although I may order them from Amazon to test and if I don't like them at least 
as much or better send them back. My other 2 computers at my store where I have 
a Logitech MK510 keyboard and mouse combo both start to show their wear on the 
keyboards and I want to see if using mechanical keyboards won't change the fact 
that many of the keyboards which are mostly out there these days are typically 
done after 2 or at most 3 years of heavy use.
As with all mechanical keyboards keep in mind that the Logitech G613 is heavy 
compared to other non-mechanical wireless keyboards.
And one last thing which is nice, this keyboard has function keys which work as 
function keys out of the box and as much as I also like my K780, it's a bit of 
a pain to have to install the not very accessible Logitech Options software 
just so you can change the function keys to behave like function keys instead 
of media keys.


Happy typing,
Sieghard

-- 
The following information is important for all members of the V iPhone list.

If you have any questions or concerns about the running of this list, or if you 
feel that a member's post is inappropriate, please contact the owners or 
moderators directly rather than posting on the list itself.

Your V iPhone list moderator is Mark Taylor.  Mark can be reached at:  
[email protected].  Your list owner is Cara Quinn - you can reach Cara at 
[email protected]

The archives for this list can be searched at:
http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/
--- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"VIPhone" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/viphone/MWHPR06MB25738450E424F32BC018097DC7F70%40MWHPR06MB2573.namprd06.prod.outlook.com.

Reply via email to