Hello Deidre,

Apple put a lot of work into improving the performance of older devices in iOS 
12. I would encourage you to update. You'll get a lot of security fixes as 
well. Also, it's possible that apps will perform better, since developers tend 
to gear their apps to newer versions of operating systems first.

Best,
Anna




> On Aug 7, 2019, at 8:04 AM, 'deidre muccio' via VIPhone 
> <[email protected]> wrote:
> 
> Hey all
> I'm one of those old dinasaur's who never updated beyond 10.3. I've got
> plenty of storage left on my iPhone 6. One friend with a 5S said the more
> recent updates were not any kind of improvement for his phone, and he
> proclaimed that the updates were geared to newer phones. I fear the jump
> from 10.3 to 12.3 might cause some problems at this point. 
>       Speaking of newer versions of Apps, I downloaded the Facebook App
> recently and have deleted it several times already. It's back on the phone
> again with the same issue that drove me to delete it twice already. I get
> bumped out of the post I am reading and don't know why. I assume it is
> because some notification is coming in or perhaps the newsfeed is being
> refreshed automatically. It's annoying. I wish I hadn't deleted my older
> version some time ago. It worked just fine without all the bumping me back
> to the top of the page. Unfortunately, or unfortunately, the Facebook App is
> so much easier to use with a screen reader than accessing it through their
> main site.
>       Has anyone else encountered this problem? If so did you ever resolve
> it?
> 
> Deidre
> 
> -- 
> The following information is important for all members of the V iPhone list.
> 
> If you have any questions or concerns about the running of this list, or if 
> you feel that a member's post is inappropriate, please contact the owners or 
> moderators directly rather than posting on the list itself.
> 
> Your V iPhone list moderator is Mark Taylor.  Mark can be reached at:  
> [email protected].  Your list owner is Cara Quinn - you can reach Cara at 
> [email protected]
> 
> The archives for this list can be searched at:
> http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/
> --- 
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
> "VIPhone" group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an 
> email to [email protected].
> To view this discussion on the web visit 
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/viphone/001801d54d20%24af06d350%240d1479f0%24%40net.

-- 
The following information is important for all members of the V iPhone list.

If you have any questions or concerns about the running of this list, or if you 
feel that a member's post is inappropriate, please contact the owners or 
moderators directly rather than posting on the list itself.

Your V iPhone list moderator is Mark Taylor.  Mark can be reached at:  
[email protected].  Your list owner is Cara Quinn - you can reach Cara at 
[email protected]

The archives for this list can be searched at:
http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/
--- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"VIPhone" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/viphone/9F3FE895-5C0D-4DB5-A5A2-8F6D09E92B17%40att.net.

Reply via email to