From: Richard Turner
Sent: Monday, September 16, 2019 7:06 PM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: Blind square

James, GPS accuracy varies widely; so you could be 30 feet from a cross street
or 100.
If the streets are on the map, it should announce them, but some smaller
streets, paths, are not on maps, so without actually walking the route, no one
can say if everything will be announced.But, the following information from the
Blind Square help may give you some idea of what to try.
When BlindSquare announces your distance to an intersection, it uses the center
of the intersection as a reference point. This means that the width of the
street also determines how soon you hear the BlindSquare intersection
announcement before you reach the curb. If you live in an area where the
streets are narrow, you may find that BlindSquare announces intersections too
early, whereas in an area where streets are particularly wide, intersections
may be announced too late. If the default medium setting of this option does
not work to your satisfaction, try using the Long setting if streets in your
area are wide or Short if streets are very narrow.

Richard

Always look out for #1, and be careful not to step in #2.