Sieghardt, Thanks for the info. I guess once again I didn't make myself
understood. I saw where you could turn it off. It just came up on my screen. I
didn't take it off at that time, but apparently somehow it got turned off. Is
the only place to turn it on in Keyboards? This happened twice now. The first
time I fixed in keyboards, but it went off again. It's as if it is in rotor,
but it is not. I thought it would just be there and I could use it if I wished.

Reggie Alvarado

> On Sep 24, 2019, at 12:51 AM, Sieghard Weitzel <siegh...@live.ca> wrote:

The slide keyboard if enabled is just there, all you do to use it is to find
the first letter of the word you want to type, let your finger rest on that
letter for a second or maybe just less (you can adjust how long you want this
to be in settings somewhere) and when you hear the little tone you start
sliding to all the letters of the word you want to type. It's important that
you slide your finger approx.. to the position of the letter and never to lift
your finger until you are done or you hear Voiceover speak the word you want,
then lift to insert the word, find the starting letter of the next word and
repeat by waiting a moment, then sliding. There is no need to insert a manual
space, it does it for you. It works somewhat similar to Flicktype except that
instead of tapping the screen in the pattern of the word you start with the
definite first letter and then slide. It works remarkably well and I think if
somebody really practiced this and by "really" I mean hours and hours of
practice, that person could learn to type super fast with this. I think the
predictions are better than in Flicktype, I did words like "Netatmo" and it
actually got it right the first time.
This will be a feature you either love or hate, there will be many who won't
get it and many who don't want to spend the time practicing, but I think this
is like playing an instrument, you may know how to tap out a simple tune on a
piano, but it takes hundreds and thousands of hours of dedicated practicing to
be really good at it.

Best regards,