From: viphone@googlegroups.com <viphone@googlegroups.com> On Behalf Of Tom Lange
Sent: Thursday, November 7, 2019 8:39 PM
To: vi-phone list <viphone@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Braille Table in the Rotor

Hi,
I have a couple of questions about Braille Table in the rotor. I use my iPhone
with a Braille display frequently; in fact, I’m using one now. I have input set
to eight-dot and output set to contracted. I have NOT switched over to using
UEB yet and, frankly, I don’t plan to do it until it’s absolutely necessary.
So, my questions are these:
1. Apple has set the system Braille table to UEB and I can add English US if I
want to, so I did. Can I set the system Braille table  to English US if I want
to? Last I checked, I couldn’t find a way to do that.
2. Regardless of the answer to question 1, can I get rid of Braille Table in
the rotor? If I’ve set my preferred Braille table and don’t see a need to
change it on the fly, why would I need Braille table in the rotor?

These questions have been bugging me since IOS 13 came out.

Tom

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/viphone/E342F117-F041-4687-83F2-370BCBE8E86D%40gmail.com.