From: viphone@googlegroups.com [mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of
Cristóbal Muñoz
Sent: Wednesday, November 27, 2019 12:44 PM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: Issue with making phone calls via Siri voice command

Hello list,

So for the past few days, I’ve been experiencing an odd issue on my iPhone SE
running iOS 13.2.3 . For some reason, I am unable to initiate phone calls via
Siri. Be it with a direct command to dial XXX or call so and so. Same goes if I
want to tell Siri to make a call via Google Voice with the new Siri command
integration Google recently introduced. It did work fine up until this problem.

I’ve changed nothing in my Siri permissions or any other settings and Siri
otherwise works perfectly fine. Dictation, asking questions, etc. Also, I can
make calls if I manually punch in the number. It’s just when I try telling Siri
to make a call, I’ll get this weird hanging behavior to please wait… Just a
minute until it times out and  am told that sorry, can’t establish a
connection. I have tried restarting the phone too, but no dice. Once or twice,
I was able to make a call, but that was the rare exception.

This phone’s on Ting which is  a GSM/CDMA MVNO. The phone itself is an unlocked
GSM model.

Anyone else come across this behavior? Any ideas on a solution?

Thanks,

Cristóbal

to viphone+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/viphone/00c001d5a54a%2439e9e350%24adbda9f0%24%40gmail.com