Hi all,
I’m running an iPhone 8 with IOS 13.3.1. Every time I update IOS I keep hoping
that maybe, just maybe, Apple will finally fix the following
issues that I’m having with the native Mail app.
First, when flicking through a list of messages then deleting one, it’s highly
unlikely that focus will remain at the message before the one that I just
deleted. There’s no telling where focus will be, but more often than not I end
up having to scroll or flick back down through the list to a message that I
want to read, at which time I can open it.
Second, if I open a message thread that I’ve never viewed, odds are pretty good
that the message that pops up is not the first message in the thread, and I
have to use the rotor, select Messages, then flick up until I find the first
message. As a side note, VO will speak the number of the message that I land
on, for example, Message 2 or Message 3, et cetera, but that information won’t
show up on my Braille display. And don’t even get me started on how flakey
Braille support can be.

Is anybody else having these issues, or am I the lone voice crying out in the
wilderness?

Tom