Dear Sieghard,
Thank you for including the correct spelling for these devices.  I always
wondered if I was getting it right, ... after over a year I will now be able
to.  I really appreciate this, a lot.

Thanks,
Joy

On Feb 14, 2020, at 11:01 AM, Sieghard Weitzel <siegh...@live.ca> wrote:

I agree, I highly doubt it will be called iPhone 9, more likely is SE 2 or
maybe iPhone 11 with some other designation at the end.
By the way, Georgie, iPhone is spelled as one word starting with a lower case
“i” followed by an upper case “P” and the rest of the word Phone again I lower
case.
The same applies to iPad, iPod Touch, iOS etc., always start with a lower case
i then upper case P then back to lower case. Only in the case of iOS is both
the O and the S upper case.
As far as generations between the SE and the upcoming new SE, it’s just really
3 generations:
iPhone 7 released in the fall of 2016
iPhone 8/8 Plus and iPhone X released in the fall of 2017
iPhone XS/XS Max and XR released in the fall of 2018
The new iPhone SE 2 would be the fourth generation after the iPhone 6S/6S Plus
and SE along with the iPhone 11, 11S and 11S Max which were released last fall,
but it will have the same processor, but is supposed to still have a virtual
home button with Touch Id instead of Face Id, it will have the smaller 4.7 inch
screen and form factor of the iPhone 8  and it may have a slightly less
advanced camera system, but that we won’t really know until Apple makes the
announcement.
I guess some people call it the iPhone 9 because it will basically be an iPhone
8 with a current A13 processor, maybe a bit more RAM and maybe a better camera.
The iPhone SE which came out half a year after the iPhone 6S and 6S Plus
actually differed in other ways, it had the processor as the 6S/6S Plus, but it
was smaller, it still had the same first generation Touch Id home button of the
iPhone 5S and 6/6 Plus and it did not have 3D Touch capabilities.

Best regards,
Sieghard