Hi,

Try the following methods below, have encountered the same scenario,
combination of 1 and 2 worked for me.
1. In settings Turn Off Facetime and Turn it back On
2. Sign In the Facetime with the same Apple Id or the Mobile number.
3. Make sure that phone is getting proper Wi-Fi connectivity and network
coverage.
4. Also make sure that your iOS is upto date. Make sure to sign in with
your Apple Id.
5. Also turn off restrictions by going to Settings > Screen Time > Content
& Privacy Restrictions
6. Also make sure that your cell phone number is mentioned under Apple Id
to check that Go to Settings > Apple ID Profile > Name, Phone Number, Email
> Reachable At
If nothing works try to reset the phone.

Hope this helps

Pramit