What do you mean by the broken return button?  Doesn't it work any more?
Also, I selected the home tab and scrolled all the way to the bottom, and I did
not see a wish list heading. All I found were suggestions from my wish list,
not the whole thing.  So where is this phantum wish list in the audible app?
Finally, even if you have had a book for over a year you still likely can
return it by contacting audible by phone.
I did this last year. I read a book I had purchased more than a year before and
I absolutely hated it. I gave it a bad review and I got an email telling me
that I could exchange it. The website would not let me do it so I asked audible
and they said that for longer than a year returns or exchanges you have to have
an audible support agent process the return. Audible is usually very
accomidating.
A couple of months ago, I received an audible gift membership on a gift card
and the website would not take the code for some reason. I contacted audible
and they applied the membrship to my account even though the code did not work
for them either.