From: viphone@googlegroups.com [mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of
Jeff Samco
Sent: Wednesday, June 17, 2020 12:00 AM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: Choosing a phone company

I have not used Consumer  Cellular. But I have been very pleased with service
through Visible.com. I believe they are a wholly-owned company by Verizon and
use the Verizon cell network and sell under-used band width. There are two cons
to consider and many pros.

The cons:
First, support is only available through 24 hour chat on their website or
through a smart phone app. No email, no phone number.
Second, if service gets congested in your area then your data will be slowed in
preference to direct Verizon customers. I have noticed this, especially during
these stay at home months, when in a rural area I frequent. But, service in
town is very good.

The pros:
* Their plan provides unlimited calls, unlimited texts and unlimited data,
along with hot spot service with no caps, all for one monthly price of $40 or
as low as $25. I particularly needed hot spot capability so this feature was a
big draw; I have not been disappointed.
* That $40 monthly cost will be less if you join a Party Pay group. A Party Pay
group can have 2 members for a $5 discount per person each month; 3 members for
$10 discount monthly and 4 members for $15 discount monthly, or only $25. No
additional fees. There is no catch to joining a Party Pay group. No one shares
a bill or any other connection except for getting the group discount. I easily
found an open Party Pay group on Reddit and joined within a few minutes.
* After two months of paying for service they send a virtual MasterCard worth
$100.

If you can handle the two minor drawbacks then I think It is a good service
option.
HTH,
Jeff