Richard,

When you get that 5th gen Touch, please let us know what you think of the
speaker as compared with the speaker on your present model. I think you and I
may have the same, 3rd gen touch. I'm hoping that the speaker is a little
improved on this new one but haven't made it to the Mac store to check that
out. I'm kind of waiting on the iPad mini announcement to see what it offers
versus the new Touch, and one of the things that would really make me look hard
at the Touch would be if the speaker were more or less on par with the one in
the 4S. I suppose that's a small thing, but for me, that 3rd gen Touch speaker
got to be a real drag. Sure there is airplay and there are docks. But sometimes
it is just nice to have the device by itself.

Mary

Mary Otten
motte...@gmail.com