Surely, a reader makes you want to listen to a book.  I don't know about any
one on this list, but if a person can't read the book well, what I mean, if an
actor can't describe what is going on well, then I for one would not buy it.
For me, a person has to bring a book to life if it's being read other than you.

Kawal.