To subscribe to a channel: you double tap on the video you want, and then
cflick right until you come to “subscribes to this channel“, which is two
positions after “save to playlist“. you double tap on subscribe to this
channel. For unsubscribing, this same place would show up as “unsubscribe s to
this channel“, which you double tap on, I guess it is like a toggle.

I couldn’t get it to work consistently, but there are instances where when you
were in the video you can flick up and one of the options is subscribe or
unsubscribe.