From: viphone@googlegroups.com [mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com] On Behalf
Of "Jan Blüher, visorApps"
Sent: Monday, October 29, 2012 9:56 AM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: color visor

Hi Scott,

I just tried this here and was able to identify a white and a red wire of a
double wired cabel. Each wire was less than a millimeter in diameter.
However, it is a bit more to do about it. First, as already mentioned here,
a black or dark background brings better results. Catching the wire in life
scan may work, but is hard to achieve. The better solution is to bring the
camera lense very close to the wire (1 centimeter or something like that)
and then take a picture with the Fire button in the center bottom of the
screen. The ColorVisor will bring up the PhotoScanner mode with the just
taken photo in the upper part of the screen. You can tap onto the picture
and ColorVisor will deliver you the color under your finger. Since the wire
was so close to the camera it s size on the photo was quite large and I was
able to find it within some seconds. The more far the wire is away the more
difficult would it be to find it on the picture.

Since the wire is round, there are different light conditions at different
parts of the surface. In my case, the white wire delivered colrs like White,
Ivory or light rose and the red one next to it something like Dark Red,
Tomato and Firebrick.

I did this without torch turned on, since taking the photo with flash yield
in a completely white picture. Therefore, light conditions have to be taken
into account.

I hope that did help you and gave you an impression.

Greetings

Jan

---
ColorVisor - The app to identify colors.
Available on the App Store:
http://itun
<http://itunes.apple.com/de/app/colorvisor/id511093568?mt=8&ls=1>
es.com/app/ColorVisor
---
Dr. Jan Blüher
visorApps - Accessible apps for iPad & iPhone
Bayreuther Str. 2
D-01187 Dresden
Germany

phone: +49 (0) 351 16053907