You could also go buy the 10R for $499 or the 11 for $599 and get the best phones Apple has ever made. My 10R turns 2 years old today and my battery health is still 91 percent. This phone has been rock solid and could last another two years or so. I've had the original SE, the 7, 8 and now the 10R. Unless you just have to have 5G, consider the 10R or 11.

And in my opinion the benefits of the Pro phones are not there for most
blind people, the regular iPhone 11 would be your best choice if you really need to upgrade now. Once again in my opinion the 12 series of phones will be remembered as being of lesser value just like the 5, 6 and 7 phones were compared to the 5S, 6S and 8 and this year's phones in September will probably again be a much more compelling update given that most likely even the regular 13 model will have Lidar and not just the Pro phones and potentially Lidar has very big potential for apps such as Seeing AI and others. If you are somebody who likes to keep their phone for 3-5 years which it seems you are you will also get second generation 5G support which would be important. If you can at all stretch your original SE into September you really may be glad you did and if you plan to resell it checking into replacing the battery might be a good thing, it would give you a much better experience for these final 5 months and you would probably easily recoop the money spent on it when you sell it. As it is no longer under warranty and if you live in a larger place where third party repair shops exist you could inquire also with a reputable third party place as you could probably get a new battery for less than what Apple would charge. I would check into both options and then decide.

-----Original Message-----
From: viphone@googlegroups.com <viphone@googlegroups.com> On Behalf Of Joshua
Hendrickson
Sent: Tuesday, April 13, 2021 6:03 PM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: iPhone 12 Pro Max questions

For me, the max phones are just to large. I want a phone that can rest
comfortably in my hand.  I'd get a 12 pro now except that the 13 will be coming
out soon.

On 4/13/21, davycupp...@gmail.com <davycupp...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Lisa mmm difficult to say

As we are almost half April and new phones will come out in September
if I were you I would wait to buy a brand new phone now as the Iphone
13 will have better specs and at least new 5g technology on board. I
have my iphone XR now with a very large and good battery; a pro max
seems too big for me but on the other hand I understand why you want
such a phone because of the bigger and better battery.
Davy