From: viphone@googlegroups.com <viphone@googlegroups.com> On Behalf Of Tom Lange
Sent: Tuesday, April 13, 2021 10:33 PM
To: vi-phone list <viphone@googlegroups.com>
Subject: At My Wits End With The Native Mail App On IOS 14.4.1

Hi,
Excuse me while I vent, as I’ve become increasingly frustrated with the native
IOS mail app.  I’ve been using iPhones since the iphone 4  came along in 2010
or 2011, and I’ve used Mail with my GMail account, which has been around since
2007.
Over the years there have always been focus issues in message lists, and when
ovening message threads for the first time I will rarely land on message 1.
Then, when opening a message in the thread and using the Messages item in the
rotor to move to the next message, I may get bounced back to a message that’s
way earlier in the thread than the one that I intended to move to. For example,
let’s say I’m on message 50 of 120 in the thread. I use Messages in the  rotor
and select Next Message. In this example, I might get bounced back to Message
21.
These are just a couple of situations that are frustrating me like crazy.
I could try the GMail app or Outlook for Ios, but I like the native mail app
for the most part and am realy surprised that Apple hasn’t managed to make the
damn thing behave.
Surely I’m not the only one who’s having focus issues such as I’ve described
above.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/viphone/AEC24EC7-36BA-4464-B2F0-572085B1BB86%40gmail.com.