It would all depend on how you pay for Apple Care. If you paid in advance for the service, then it would carry over until it expires at the end of 24 months. If you pay monthly for the service then it would carry over to the new device and start the 24 month cycle over again unless you continued to make the monthly payments on the Apple Care plan associated with your 10R.