i use a app on the Mac called WALTR PRO
If you don’t wanna spend the 50 bucks for that app, that is 100 percent
accessible.  Follow these directions
1.  Connect your iPone/iPad to your Mac with the USB charging cable.
2.  Open the window where the custom ring-tone resides.
3.  Press cmd-n to open a second Finder window where you select your iPhone
from the Sidebar.
4.  Navigate to the window where the custom ring-tone resides.  You can use the
Window Chooser or cmd-accent to get there.
5.  Interact with the table or browser and navigate to the tone.  Do not use
arrow navigation, but do use VO-navigation.
6.  Once you are at the tone, press VO-cmd-f5 to route the mouse to the VO
location.  You may need to include the fn key as well.
7.  Press VO-cmd-shift-space to invoke the mouse-down action.
8.  Use the Window Chooser to navigate to the iPhone window.
9.  Navigate to the item that announces the name of your iPhone/iPad, how much
space is used and its charge level.  On mine, it's the item that's one VO-right
after the edit field with my iPhone/iPad name in it.
10.  Press VO-cmd-shift-f5 to route the mouse to the VO location.  Again, you
may need to add the fn key to this combination.
11.  Press VO-cmd-shift-space to toggle the mouse-up action.

This drops the tone and will immediately copy it to your iPhone.  It will show
up in the tones section of Sounds & Haptics for your use.