Exactly how I feel, they fail from time to time, but I usually get at least a
year out of them unless I roll over them with the office chair like a few days
ago.

-----Original Message-----
From: viphone@googlegroups.com <viphone@googlegroups.com> On Behalf Of Alan
Lemly
Sent: Saturday, June 26, 2021 8:04 AM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: RE: Wired alternative to Apple Lightning earbuds

Hi Wayne,

My opinion is that the wired Apple earpods for use with the iPhone is the best
wired alternative available for the price. I haven't experienced the quality
issues that you have but I alternate using mine with Apple Airpods so my usage
might not be as extensive as yours.  I find that many products can suffer in
their quality after a number of years as manufacturers do what they can to make
them at the lowest possible cost. But, at $19 for a new set directly from
Apple, down from their original price of $30, I find the wired Earpods worth
the price especially considering they were made for the iPhone and their
separate remote and volume buttons work great with iPhone apps such as BARD
Mobile. And I hesitate to mention fit since this is personal to each person,
but I've never used any earbuds that fit as well nor sound as good while still
letting in some ambient sound as the Apple Earpods.

Good luck with your shopping.

Alan Lemly