I use the 3 finger double tap to mute speech when on a call with my
headset, and then unmute it when done with the call. I would rather do
this than close VO altogether, as mentioned earlier since the standard
gestures are different than when VO is running. This way, even if I
hang up the call with the headset, I can press the home button to
bring up the lock screen, and then do the 3 finger double tap to
unmute speech. I've been using this a lot with the headset since I
don't want to hear the time elapsed constantly announced by VoiceOver.

Regards,
Wayne

On 11/1/12, Ioana Gandrabur <igandra...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> 2 Comments:
> 1. A great thing since IOS 6 is that vo navigation sounds such as clicks
> when you move your finger around the screen are still audible when speech is
> muted. WHen listening to music in big speakers you can start and stop music
> and even unlock screen without using speech. HOpe this makes sense.2. To
> answer Ron's question about item chooser, helps you find a specific item on
> a screen. Say you know there is a link on a page that you know of and you
> can't find it easily you can 2 finger triple tap and you have this
> alphabetically sorted list of items. In front you have a search field that
> you can use to narrow results displayed in item chooser. THis is just like
> on the mac for anyone interested.
>
> Best,
> Ioana
>
> Please check out my cd on www.ioanagandrabur.com on iTunes and most online
> stores.
>
> On Oct 30, 2012, at 8:33 PM, Sandy Finley <finleykn...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I understand that the former is Speech Off and the latter is Voice Over on
>> and off. The question is why do we need both? I always use Triple Click
>> Home when silencing speech. Under what circumstances would one find the
>> two-finger triple tap more beneficial?  Thanks.
>>
>> Sandy

Follow me on Twitter at:
www.twitter.com/wcmerritt
My websites: