I don't find it difficult. Just hold the iPhone out in front of you
vertically at around a foot away. Start with the top of the iPhone level
with your nose. Perhaps, a little higher. When the FAce ID setup telss you
to, imagine the front of your face as a crank handle you need to turn to
the right. You need to move your head so that the camera at the top of the
front of your iPhone gets to see your whole face. Another step has you
turning your face from side to side. You may have to go through the process
two or three times to get it rhght and catch all of the instructions since
they can get cut off as the camera takes in your face. It's not a very long
process. It takes less than a minute.
After you're finished and it's satisfied that the model of your face that
it has built is good, you just have to turn your face toward the iPhone
when required and it will unlock. You'll hear a click sound when it's
unlocked. You then use the home gesture by touching the bottom of the
iPhone screen and sliding your finger up until the second bump and high
pitched tick. Lift your finger and you'll be on your home screen. Very
simple.

--
Michael Feir
Author of Personal Power; The iOS Edition