From: viphone@googlegroups.com [mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com] On Behalf
Of Raul A. Gallegos
Sent: Tuesday, November 06, 2012 6:02 AM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: An Excellent personal data and password app - Was Re: Keeper app
for storing passwords -- how to enter the master passsword?

Hi Kimber, I tried the Keeper app and it seems ok, but what really bothered
me was the constant spam from them about how I should join to be safe and
not get hacked, etc etc. A couple of apps I've tried and still use are
below.

1. MiniKeePass.
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/minikeepass-secure-password/id451661808?mt=8

This app will read database files generated from KeePass, which is a PC or
Mac app you can get to store various personal pieces of information as well
as web site logins and passwords. Everything is local, meaning you don't
have to sign up with an account. You can keep your database in Dropbox if
you wish and myKeePass will import the file into itself from there if you
wish.

2. Strip. This app has been around for years and has been available in
different formats for different phones. For the iPhone you get 2 versions,
Strip Lite and Strip. The Lite version has a limit of 10 entries and the
regular $5.00 version doesn't have the limitation, and it also has syncing
capabilities with things like dropbox or file sharing. The links follow.
Strip Lite,
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/strip-lite-password-manager/id316822267?mt=8
and Strip paid version,
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/strip-password-manager/id316817719?mt=8

I know this doesn't answer your question directly, but I would highly
recommend these as alternatives and the password to lock them is
alpha-numeric, meaning letters and or numbers if you wish.

--
Raul A. Gallegos
I'm not going to buy my kids an encyclopedia. Let them walk to school like I

On 11/5/2012 9:14 AM, Kimber Gardner wrote:
> That's what I ended up doing though I suspect there is some way of
> giving it alpha characters.
>
> It's a pretty nice app, especially if like me, you can never remember
> your various passwords. I have a half dozen passwords at work and
> countless more in my personal life. This app allows you to organize
> them in folders like work stuff, social media etc.
>
> The only issue I've encountered is while filling out the fields for
> each new record, when you double tap a field to edit, sometimes the
> cursor doesn't move to the new field and you end up typing additional
> stuff in the prior field. It was quite frustrating until I realized
> that if I tapped save and went back in to edit the record, I could
> then get the cursor to move to the field I wanted.
>
> I think I will be emailing the developer about this issue because
> other than that I like the app very much and will upgrade to the paid
> version if that problem is addressed in a future version.
>
> Kimber
>
> On 11/5/12, reggie.alvar...@gmail.com <reggie.alvar...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Kimber wonder if it wants a number password.  Think I need this app!
Smiley.