Greetings, everyone.
I find this list so helpful that I hope someone will have suggestions for
me.

I am totally blind and have had difficulty reading bar codes even using
the ID Mate hardware products.  But I get so much valuable information
when I can focus the reader on the product correctly.

I have an iPhone 7 with updated apps and the latest iOS (I think 15.2.1).

Can someone who is successful at this explain how to point the camera at
the product?  Do I use the front or back camera?
Has anyone had success reading bar codes on vitamin bottles or products
such as aspirin?
I have tried Supersense and Envision.  I get a series of beeps telling me
that I am getting close to the bar code, but no text is spoken.
Would a more updated phone have a better camera, nd would that help?  I am
planning to upgrade some time this year.
I will try a potato chip bag to see if this works better.

Is there a link you can point me to for further help on this?
And one more thing:
Will any program read the name of a prescription drug from the codes on
the bottle?  I have some bottles that are not marked for Script Talk or
the CVS program, and just need minimal information.

I would be grateful for any hints you might offer.
Beverly Wieland
bwiel...@udel.edu