From: vipho...@googlegroups.com <vipho...@googlegroups.com> On Behalf Of M.
Taylor
Sent: Saturday, March 12, 2022 4:24 PM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Cc: vipho...@googlegroups.com
Subject: RE: Looking for accessible language learning Apps

Hello Leo,

I find your comments intriguing and, quite frankly, enlightening.

Not to get too far off-point, I want to ask you if you find apps like Duo
Lingo, accessible and can one truly learn a language, in your opinion using
such apps?  If not, what do you recommend?

With regard to my recent experimentation with Duo Lingo, so far, I am not
finding the app accessible.

So, after opening the app, I did not create an account; at least not yet.
Perhaps this may have something to do with my interface experience.

Because I have a passing acquaintance  with the language, I selected Spanish as
my free language of choice.

What I am presented with is a grid of photos upon which I can tap to hear the
Spanish word for that particular photo, a man, a woman, a chair, etc.

As I said, my limited interface choices may have something to do with the fact
that I am using the app without providing an email address.  Or, perhaps there
is a setting I have yet to discover that would make the interface work as Chela
and Dave have described.

All replies greatly appreciated.

Mark