In terms of price, you can either continue to buy full versions as new
major versions are released, pay for a subscription and not worry about
updates, or pay for a full version and not bother with updates until you
have no choice. When I consider the full price, at the end of the day, you
will likely pay a similar price. If you can get a discount on the full
version and guarantee that that will always be the case for future
versions, then by all means, do that. For those on a very fixed income, the
monthly cost provides the lowest up-front payment. So it's all about
options.